Sunday, May 24, 2009

Not While I'm Around

This is one of my favourite songs from a musical. It's from Sweeney Todd:

Nothing's gonna harm you, not while I'm around.
Nothing's gonna harm you, no sir, not while I'm around.

Demons are prowling everywhere, nowadays,
I'll send 'em howling, I don't care, I got ways.

No one's gonna hurt you, No one's gonna dare.
Others can desert you, Not to worry, whistle, I'll be there.

Demons'll charm you with a smile,
for a while,
But in time...
Nothing can harm you. Not while I'm around...

Not to worry, not to worry. I may not be smart but I ain't dumb
I can do it, put me to it. Show me something I can overcome
Not to worry, Mum

Being close and being clever, ain't like being true
I don't need to, I would never hide a thing from you,
Like some...

No one's gonna hurt you, no one's gonna dare
Others can desert you, not to worry, whistle, I'll be there!

Demons'll charm you with a smile,
for a while
But in time...

Nothing can harm you. Not while I'm around...

5 comments:

  1. 1STTTTT!
    AWWW I LIKED THIS MOVIE BACK THEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...I'm yet to see Sweeny Todd...
    Really deep lyrics,Gives the Reader A sense of security even if it's just for a split second...
    Good one...
    Hope you are Good????
    Where have you been hiding out???

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Gee Yeah it was a good movie! Wonderful songs.
    @ Rose You should see it. You'll love the song much more when you actually hear it sung! I'm such a lazy blogger. I'm always fleeting in and out lol. I'll try to be more present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somuso? Hope everything is alright?

    ReplyDelete